Potato tortilla is a classic and filling Spanish tapas dish. This recipe adds rich and spicy sausage to elevate the flavour and add vibrant colour. Serve by the slice as a snack or add a hearty salad for a rich and easy to make winter meal.
Here’s how to make potato tortilla with chorizo and parsley:
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 50g chorizo, chopped
- 4 eggs
- ½ a bunch parsley, chopped
- Cook the sliced potatoes in a pan of boiling water until they’re just tender, then drain until dry.
- In a non-stick frying pan heat a tablespoon of olive oil and cook the sliced onions until soft and translucent. Add the chorizo until cooked and finally add in the parsley
- Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl and season.
- Tip the potato and chorizo mixture into the beaten egg mixture and stir.
- Take a clean frying pan, add a tablespoon of oil and heat
- Tip in the egg mix and leave over a medium heat until the bottom is browned and the top is set.
- Flip the tortilla onto a plate then slide the uncooked side down back into the pan. Cook for another 5 minutes until the bottom is set, then turn onto a plate and serve.
Other Spanish recipes you might enjoy include:
Are you thinking of living in Spain? Perhaps you like the idea of submerging yourself into the traditional Spanish lifestyle and cooking Spanish recipes every day? Whatever your dream, we can help. Why not get in touch with our team of local property experts today, to find out more about how we can help you.