Great Spanish Cookbook: Cod With Tomato And Chorizo Sauce
This classic Spanish recipe combines two incredibly popular ingredients with Spanish cooks: cod and chorizo. Because Spain boasts an expansive coastline fish dishes are often incorporated into Spanish menus. Meanwhile chorizo is perhaps the most famous Spanish ingredient and it is used liberally to add a hit of smoky, spiciness to dishes.
This dish is both healthy and flavoursome. It makes an ideal hearty mid-week supper, especially during the winter months.
Here’s how to make cod with tomato and chorizo sauce:
- olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 4 thin slices of chorizo, cut into matchsticks
- 1 teaspoon of dried chilli flakes
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 thick skinless fillets cod or other sustainable white fish
- cooked to serve green beans
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a flat bottomed pan and then when the oil is hot add garlic and chorizo. Cook until soft.
- Add the chilli and tomatoes to the same pan. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for approximately 10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Whilst the sauce is cooking rub the fish with a little oil and season to taste.
- Cook the fish to your preference. You can either place it under the grill or steam it. Ensure the fish is cooked through, which should take between 4-6 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillet and the cooking method you choose.
- Plate the cod and then pour the sauce over the top.
- Season to taste and then serve.
- Serve with green beans. To make a more filling and hearty dish this recipe also works well with mashed potatoes.
Other Spanish recipes you might enjoy include:
Are you thinking of living in Spain? Perhaps you like the idea of submerging yourself into the traditional Spanish lifestyle and cooking Spanish recipes every day? Whatever your dream, we can help. Why not get in touch with our team of local property experts today, to find out more about how we can help you.